Stott Pilates Mat Instructor Training
Starting April 19th!
April 19-22 and May 3-6. Thursdays 11-4:30; Fridays 12-5:30; Saturdays 11-4:30; Sundays 12-5:30
Intensive Mat-Plus™ – IMP
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues. Conducted over 2 weeks or 3 weekends. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Matwork repertoire, for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Matwork programs.
What you will learn:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel variations
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 63 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
Requirements of Certification
- 40 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 30 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 15 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 95 hours
Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
Continuing Education Credits
CECs: STOTT PILATES 4.0 REPs 6.0 canfitpro 4.0 ACE 4.0